High-Resolution HLA Typing
· High-resolution types are resolved to a SINGLE allele.
· Homozygous types are confirmed using at least two typing methods, family pedigree or linkage analysis.
· Rare alleles and unusual combinations of alleles are /confirm/ied.
· Novel alleles are fully characterized using selective amplification or cloning.
· High-resolution typing is performed using automated nucleotide sequencing supplemented with SSP and SSO methods as required to resolve ALL ambiguities.
· Expert consultation is available for all donor searches and selection.